Xbox Repair that refuses to read a game disc Remove the disc and clean it. Make sure to wipe the disc’s surface with a clean, soft cloth. Gamers worldwide have fallen in love with the Xbox. With a huge library of games and great features, it’s no wonder why this video game system is so popular! One reason for its popularity might be that there are few or no repairs needed unlike other systems on the market today.
However, If your Xbox is not working as it should, you can find a xbox repair near. The best way to go about this process is by visiting the nearest XiRepair location and letting them know what’s wrong with your console so they can help you fix whatever needs fixing right away.
XiRepair is your best choice for Xbox repairs. All of our technicians have gone through a full background check and certification process that will give you the comfort knowing they are trustworthy and properly skilled to work on it as well when you bring in an issue with
your console, they can do basic fixes like repairing broken controllers or even fixing up a cracked case!
WE DO GPU/APU REBALLING AND BLURAY LENS REPLACEMENT
Here are a few methods to try to fix your scratched disc at home:
- Rubbing Alcohol Method: Get a lint free non scratching cloth.
- Toothpaste Method: Use a small dab of the gritty type of toothpaste.
- Banana Method: Use a banana that is peeled and cut in half.
- Skip Scratch Fixer Method
- Petroleum Jelly Method
Tips For Cleaning Discs
Following are various tips for cleaning discs. You can start with the first method and progress through the list until you find one that works on your disc.
- Wipe down your disc with a lint free towel
- Rub from the center hole and work outward
- Dampen a clean soft cloth with a little water and wipe from inside circle outward
- Dampen a lint free cloth with a small amount of rubbing alcohol and wipe disc
- Mix a half-teaspoon of mild soap in water and dampen the soft cloth to clean the disc
- Purchase a disc cleaning kit from the store
- Use the disc cleaning kit to clean the discs and a head cleaner to clean the player
- Rub the disc in a circular motion; this can scratch the disc
- Use the shirt you are wearing to clean a disc, it may have something abrasive on it
How Much Does it Cost for an Xbox Repair?
While most repairs may be done by following how-to videos on YouTube, some people would prefer skip the hassle and have the task done by specialists. The costs will vary substantially depending on the sort of repair necessary, whether it’s done by Microsoft or a third-party professional. The cost of repairing your Xbox will vary depending on the sort of repair needed, the professional you hire, and whether or not your Xbox is still covered by the manufacturer’s guarantee.
According to our analysis, the most common repairs were repairing or replacing the console’s hard drive, HDMI port pins, or CD tray if you hired a third-party source.